Announcing..."As Luck Would Have It" -- the Website!

FINALLY! The "As Luck Would Have It" Website has launched! Now, in addition to the offerings at Home Store Manassas, my carefully edited collection of vintage treasures are available thru www.LuckVintageDecor.com. Be sure to check it out daily, as there are many more pieces of inventory to be posted. And tell ALL your friends, family, co-workers, strangers you meet in bars....Trust me, they'll thank you for it! At least I will...!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Flea Bitten -- The Video Game

Attending the DC Big Flea is like throwing gasoline on the fires of a Furniture Addict's passion. And BFF Diana The Lady D, being the consummate enabler, is more than happy to fuel the flames whenever the opportunity arises!

Such was the case when she encouraged me to join her in Chantilly Virginia for the quarterly Flea held on January 9-10.  For this Flea, both buildings of the Dulles Expo Center were packed with vendors and their followers.  The heady mix of furnishings and collectibles sent the throngs into a glorious Vintage Vertigo collective!

This was one of the best attended shows in recent memory.  In typical form, The Lady D arrived before the doors opened.  Even I managed to pull into the already crowded parking area within 20 minutes of the first addicts' entry into the cavernous South Building.

Once inside, I quickly located Diana as she perused a case full of vintage compacts.  We then proceeded to flitter hither and yon, absorbing as much of the extravaganza as possible.  Below check out our latest video production, documenting our romp among the relics:  (Note:  As I edited the video, I discovered that I need to study my Thesaurus to improve my arsenal of adjectives.  I think my  overuse of exclamatories would make for a fine drinking game....May I suggest selecting your finest vino/beer/soda, and proceed as prescribed below:

  • For every "WONDERFUL!" or  "FABULOUS!" I mutter in the video, take one drink;
  • For every "STUNNING!", take two drinks;
  • "ICONIC!" earns you three drinks.
Remember....Unlike when shopping for vintage treasures, you should demonstrate responsibility and restraint when drinking!)


No comments:

Post a Comment