Announcing..."As Luck Would Have It" -- the Website!

FINALLY! The "As Luck Would Have It" Website has launched! Now, in addition to the offerings at Home Store Manassas, my carefully edited collection of vintage treasures are available thru www.LuckVintageDecor.com. Be sure to check it out daily, as there are many more pieces of inventory to be posted. And tell ALL your friends, family, co-workers, strangers you meet in bars....Trust me, they'll thank you for it! At least I will...!

Friday, October 23, 2009

Postette: SophistiCATed Lady


Had the pleasure of having dinner with my dear friend J.L. at her home in Springfield, Virginia.  J.L., now semi-retired, formerly had an interior decorating practice.  I’ve always admired her sophisticated eye and ability to carefully edit a room’s decor.  For years, her spacious townhome has been cheerfully swathed in pink and white with accents of green, with comfortable and chic furnishings.  I've always enjoyed visiting with her, and marveling at her innate sense of style and hospitality.
 
After a delicious dinner of roasted peppered beef, butternut squash, and asparagus, J. L. delighted me with fabric and wallpaper swatches she’d selected for her extensive redecorating project.  Having foraged through the showrooms of the DC Design Center , she was armed with sumptuous brocades and damasks for her living room’s down-cushioned Chippendale-style sofa and French chairs.  Over a warm berry dessert, we also had great fun with wallpaper samples for her dining room, selecting a glamorous Donghia grasscloth that will positively shimmer in the glow of her new crystal chandelier.  And, she plans to accent her kitchen’s sitting area with framed prints of her amazing nature photos, which have a textural quality that will beautifully compliment the overall elegance of the revamped space.  (I also had the opportunity to once again admire her lovely McGuire  chairs and table, which I threatened to confiscate if ever given half a chance!)



Several hours later, filled with delicious food and warmed by great company, I departed J.L.’s home with the delightful gift of a GlamKat doll ("Esperanza"), seen here posing in one of a pair of Victorian chairs (purchased years ago at DC’s St. Peter’s Catholic School’s annual yard sale) in my Arlington house.    Seated in her permanent space at the bottom of my stairs, Esperanza is the purrfect reminder of my splendid friend and fellow décor junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment